Before starting any exercise, it is important you seek medical advice to determine any conditions that may prevent you from exercising (i.e. pregnant, with risks of cardiovascular problems due to smoking, high blood pressure and / or cholesterol, diabetes or a family history of heart disease); and especially if you have not exercised in several years. The safety instructions provided herein does not, in any way, substitute expert medical opinions.
Due to normal wear and tear from use, our DMK Fitbands can break down over time. We strongly recommend that you inspect your DMK Fitbands before use to ensure they are in a safe operating condition.
Many of the injuries that occur from resistance bands exercise is a result of improper use. Here is a list of safety instructions to help you avoid injury.
- Only use this product for its intended purpose and as directed in the exercise instructions.
- Practice all exercises in a slow and controlled manner, rest if you feel dizzy or out of breath and hydrate yourself with water.
- Keep the exercise environment clear of debris and sharp objects, remove all jewellery, tie up long hair and wear fitted clothing to prevent injuries.
- Never release a DMK Fitband while under tension. A release under tension can cause the band to snap back towards you or your surrounds and can result in significant injury.
- Avoid jerking the DMK Fitband.
- Inspect DMK Fitbands, carabiners, handles, ankle straps and door anchor before every use. Also ensure the ends of the bands where the handles are connected to the Fitband are the weak areas and should be checked before every use for damage. Check for cuts, scratches, punctures, cracks, nicks discoloration, or anything that looks like the DMK Fitband or accessory may be weakened or damaged in that area. If any flaws are discovered, DISCARD the Fitband or accessory and replace. NEVER use a damaged product.
- Do not place a DMK Fitband under feet unless you are standing securely on the Fitband or your feet is up against a sturdy object to avoid the Fitband slipping off and striking you or anything within your surroundings.
- Never stretch a resistance band over 4 times their length.
- DMK Fitbands are not toys and should never be used for any activity other than the specific exercises they were designed for. Keep out of children’s reach at all times.
DMK FITBANDS WHEN EXTENDED CAN RECOIL AND POTENTIALLY CAUSE SERIOUS INJURIES; ALWAYS USE CAREFULLY AND WITH FULL CONTROL AND WEAR PROTECTIVE EYE-WEAR WHEN PULLING THE RESISTANCE BANDS TOWARDS YOUR FACE. ALSO, INSPECT YOUR SHOES FOR THE PRESENCE OF PEBBLES THAT COULD DAMAGE THE RESISTANCE BAND WHEN YOU STEP ONTO IT. DO NOT USE ANKLE STRAPS AS A REPLACEMENT FOR THE DOOR ANCHOR.
DOOR ANCHOR SET UP INSTRUCTION
- Place the door anchor ball inside the door
- Close the door with the strap coming through the door frame
- Thread the DMK Fitband through the black padded loop
PRIOR TO USING THE DOOR ANCHOR, ENSURE THAT:
- THE DOOR IS CLOSING TOWARDS YOU AND NOT AWAY FROM YOU
- THE DOOR IS LOCKED AND WON’T OPEN WHILE EXERCISING
(FOR ADDED SAFETY, THE DOOR ANCHOR CAN BE PLACED THROUGH THE HINGE SIDE OF THE DOOR
HOW DO I STORE AND CARE FOR MY DMK FITBANDS?
As with any piece of fitness equipment, it is important to upkeep proper maintenance to ensure safe and proper function.
We recommend the following:
- Clean with damp cloth and air dry in a cool place out of direct sunlight
- Avoid using soap, oil or any cleaning products to clean bands as this will deteriorate the strength of the Fitband
- Avoid storing Fitbands near direct sunlight and away from heat sources
- Avoid storing bands outside or in cold environments